Rotary Club of Lahaina announces its new board of directors
LAHAINA – The Rotary Club of Lahaina last week announced its newly elected board of directors for the upcoming Rotary Year (July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021).
President Jess (Joe) Park retired with 42 years of service with the U.S. Department of Defense. His last assignment was as family housing director at the Kaneohe Marine Corps Base on Oahu.
Secretary Richard Jarman retired as a human resource officer with the federal government after 35 years of service. He is currently serving as a director for the West Maui Taxpayers Association.
Treasurer/Director-at-Large Rick Nava is the proud owner and president of MSI Maui. He currently holds the position of chairman of the board at the Maui Chamber of Commerce.
Sergeant at Arms/Immediate Past President Kalei Jaramillo is an accomplished Polynesian dance instructor. She continues to work with Napili Kai Foundation to perpetuate Hawaiian culture through the children of Maui.
Foundation Chair Joseph Pluta is the owner of realty and property management companies. He is an officer at several local nonprofit community service organizations.
Rotary Club of Lahaina’s activities include:
1) Serving as community partners in school supply drives;
2) Collecting food and gifting monetary donations to the Maui Food Bank biennially;
3) Participating in four community beach cleanups;
4) Supporting the West Side’s after-school tutoring program;
5) Distributing dictionaries to a local elementary school;
6) Reaching out to support local youth activities;
7) Volunteering to marshal two Lahaina parades;
8) Sponsoring a local Interact Club with two projects a year;
9) Assisting the Rotary Youth Leadership Awards;
10) Supporting the Napili Kai Foundation;
11) Donating pledges to eradicate polio in the world;
12) Designing events to raise annual scholarship awards;
13) Arranging career mentoring opportunities;
14) Supporting water projects outside the USA via International Service.
The Rotary Club of Lahaina’s newly elected board of directors will be installed at Napili Kai Beach Resort on Thursday, July 2, from noon to 1 p.m. at the Sea House Restaurant at 5900 Lower Honoapiilani Road in Napili.
Explore the menu at seahousemaui.com or on Yelp. A kama’aina discount will be offered.
Want to attend the club’s weekly meeting? Go to RotaryClubOfLahaina.org for current club information.